Many Bible Stories are not only Fun but Famous!
If I sat down to read 20 owner’s manuals from various electronic appliances in my house, I’d throw my hands up in frustration and quit. A better strategy might be to read only the parts of manuals that applied to any questions that I currently had.
Consisting of 66 mini books, the Bible is the owner’s manual for your life. Therefore, instead of reading it in one lump, you might want to pick the most interesting parts and read them first. Then, as you feel more adventurous, you could attack other portions.
Fun, but accurate and easy-to-read versions are The New Living Bible (AKA The Book) and The New Century Version (AKA New International Children’s Bible). A little more challenging to read, but very accurate is the New American Standard – NASB.
To help you better understand, say this simple prayer before starting to read. “Father God, your word in John 16:13 says; “however, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide me into all truth”. Therefore, I ask you to send Spirit of truth that I may be able to learn all you have for me in my Bible. In Jesus Christ’s name I pray. Amen.
Here are some short fun readings to get you started. You can read them in any order or look into a Concordance (usually found in the back of a Bible) to look up the topics in which you are interested. To find each book, look in the table of contents found in the first few pages (Books of the Bible) for the page numbers. When found, move forward to the appropriate chapter number.
Short Bible Stories Of Heroic Adventure
- Samson & Delilah – Judges 13-16
- The Prodigal Son – Luke 15
- Jonah Wasn’t Swallowed By A Whale – Jonah
- Why Weren’t the Lions Hungry? – Daniel 6
- Sodom & Gomorrah – Genesis 13-14; 18-19
- How To Win A War – 2 Chronicles 17-20
- Joshua ‘Fit’ The Battle of Jericho – Joshua 1-7
- Parable Of The Talents – Matthew 25-14-30
- When All Hope Was Gone – Isaiah 36-37
- Handwriting On The Wall – Daniel 5
- Moses Parting the Red Sea – Exodus 1-14
- A Beauty Conquers A Hitler – Esther
- Elijah vs. Jezebel – I Kings 16:28-22:39; II Kings 9
- Seeds & Sowing – Matthew 13
- Jesus Described 800 Years Before He Was Born – Isaiah 52:13 & 53:1-12
Bible Stories and Instructions From God
- The Blessings From God – Deuteronomy 28:1-14
- The Cursings From God – Deuteronomy 28:15-68; Then read Galatians 3:13 & 3:26-29
- Are The 10, Only Suggestions? – Deuteronomy 5:1-21
- The Lord’s Prayer – Matthew 6:9-13
- The Golden Rule – Matthew 7:12
- Finally, A Great Sermon – Matthew 5-7
- The Christmas Story – Matthew 1:18-2:12; Luke 1:26-56 & 2:1-20
- What Is Love? – I Corinthians 13; I John 3-5
- Healing From God – Isaiah 53-4-5 and I Peter 2:24
- The Bible Is God’s Word – II Timothy 3:16 and II Peter 1:16 & 20-21
- How Do I Stay On Track? – Philippians 4:8
Other Neat Bible Stories
- Godzilla Is In The Bible (So Is A Brontosaurus) – Job 40:15-41:34; Genesis 6:4a
- What Heaven Must Look Like – Revelation 21-22:5
- God’s Promise of Safety – Psalms 91 (call 9-1-1); Hebrews 13:5c
- God Never Changes – Malachi 3:6; Hebrews 13:8; James 1:17
- Get Rich! – Luke 6:38; 11:9-10; 12:21-24 & 48b; 18:24-27; Philippians 4:19
- Communion – Matthew 26:26-29; I Corinthians 11:23-34
- Don’t Mess With God’s Word (The Bible) – Revelation 22:18-19
© Jim Edwards 8/5/96 – Revision 4