Top Christian Bible Resources Available from the Ages!
The Book of Acts is the only book in the Bible that doesn’t have a final conclusion. What happened in the book of the Acts of the Apostles didn’t end there. In fact miracles continue to occur on a regular basis. This list of books puts Biblical Principals into action by people who put God’s promises to work to solve their everyday dilemmas and problems.
The truth is, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father – John 14:12.
To give your faith life a little boost, we’ve compiled a list of incredibly wonderful books to augment your Bible reading. Choose any and your faith life will receive a tremendous lift and reconnection to God’s Word. (There are other wonderful Christian books available, but for us these are landmarks, that should be added to any serious Christian’s library.)
- Fox’s Book of Martyrs – John Fox (Foxe) Clarion Classics version published by Zondervan is recommended. ISBN 0-310-24391-2. Early US settlers might have had only 2 books; the Bible and this volume. This is the history of what happened to the Apostles and followers of Jesus through the Dark Ages, Middle Ages and into the 1700s. The contents will assist in understanding the importance of the US Constitution’s 1st Amendment (Bill of Rights). “Congress shall make no make law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the FREE exercise thereof; “
- The New STRONG’S Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible – James Strong – Thomas Nelson Publishers ISBN 0-8407-6750-1 Once can find a listing of every word in the Bible and can be used with most standard Bible. If you can only remember part of a verse? Pick a word and find every use of it in the Bible. Includes Hebrew and Chaldee Dictionary, plus Greek Dictionary and Universal Subject Guide to the Bible.
- The Gospel According to T.L & Daisy – T. L. Osborn and Daisy Osborn – Osborn Publishers ISBN 0-87943-021-4. Missionaries to India unable to distinguish The Bible from the Koran or other religious books. Exciting stories how God overcame resistance to belief in Him. Contains dozens of photos documenting God’s mighty miracles as they ministered to tens of thousands during events throughout the world. (Page through the photos of miracles to find 2 photos showing Jesus in cloud formations.)
- Rees Howells Intercessor – Norman Grubb – CLC Publications ISBN 0-08508-188-6 The true story of a man who gave everything up for faith in Christ. His prayer school was in full operation during World War II and blinded Satan’s war strategy to Hitler. It eventually caused the fall of the 3rd Reich. Prayer caused Hitler’s 4 biggest blunders: Missing the chance to invade England; Failure to attack Egypt and gain Alexandria; Turning away from capturing Moscow; and the Great Attack on Stalingrad. However, this is just a small taste of Howells’ life of faith.
- Living a Life of Fire – Reinhard Bonnke, Autobiography – E-R-Productions ISBN 978-1-933106-81-6; Growing up in East Prussia during World War II, he miraculously escaped death at the hands of USSR soldiers. Fascinating, easy read shows growth from evangelizing hundreds of thousands in a single service, over 55,000,000 souls were saved in 10 years. God’s put a calling on his life of “Africa shall be saved!” and “from Capetown to Cairo.” You will be amazed at everything God has done in Africa and around the world.
- I Believe in Visions – Kenneth E. Hagin, Rhema Bible Church – ISBN 0-89276-508-9 Pastor Hagin writes smaller but highly readable books with practical examples taken from his life that clearly explain Bible principles. Although he has written dozens of books, this volume details 8 visitations he had with Jesus and his near death experiences. You will be fascinated!
- John G. Lake – His Life, His Sermons, His Boldness of Faith – Kenneth Copeland Pub – ISBN 0-88114-962-4 Mr. Lake lived from 1870-1935 and was a minister to Africa. He was miraculously healed of crippling rheumatism which caused his legs to grow out of shape and distort his body. He was responsible for a great awaking in Africa and around the world. During plagues, viruses and bacteria died on contact with his skin. Amazing stories and many of his sermons.
- Evidence that Demands a Verdict – Josh McDowell Volumes I and II, Here’s Life Publishers, Inc. ISBN 0-918956-46-3 These volumes go back to original texts and absolutely prove the existence of Christ, God with absolute certainty. There is so much evidence here that it is impossible to doubt. One can resist the God, but it is useless to argue this mountain of proof!
- Ever Increasing Faith – Smith Wigglesworth, Gospel Publishing House, Springfield, MO ISBN 0-88243-494-2 This is a small 176 page paperback that will develop your faith. It shows in detail the working of miracles and how absolute trust in God’s Word pays huge dividends.
- The Stong’s Complete Dictionary of Bible Words – James Strong – Thomas Nelson Publishers – ISBN 0-7852-1147-0 Easy-to-Use Dictionary in 3 parts: English Word Index; Hebrew/Aramaic Dictionary of the Old Testament; and Greek Dictionary of the New Testament .
The Master Is Calling – Lynne Hammond, Mac Hammond Ministries. ISBN 1-57399-006-0 Book instructs you how to have a successful prayer life, using real life stories to illustrate her points. In it you’ll learn how to discover the wonders of Spirit-led prayer.
This by no means is a complete list, nor is it in any particular order. We will add to it from time to time as appropriate. For a list of books every child should read, please see - 10 Must-read Books For Teenagers.
- Trusting In Jesus Christ? Is there Danger? ShareContent Review of Fox’s Book of Martyrs Since at least 800 B.C. to the present time, it is well documented...
- Priceless Nuggets from Isaiah ShareKey Scriptures in the Old Testament – # 5 Written in the 8th century B.C., Isaiah is packed with prophecy...
- The Delivering Power of God from Years of Abuse ShareI met a young mother several years ago when helping her family move to a new home. Never without a...
- Successful Sales Presentations ShareIt’s Simply a Numbers Game! In the late 1980s I sought an insurance sales position. It offered a fair first...
- Parable of the Dentist ShareThe plain truth is that when I was a child, I ate lots of candy and didn’t brush my teeth...