Don’t Blindly Follow All Leadership – It could be Evil!
The Bible books of Leviticus and Numbers state all sacrifices must be perfect. God stated in Malachi 1, Priests were allowing the lame, blind, and sick animals to be offered to Him. He said, “Offer it then to your governor, would he be pleased? . . . accept it favorably?” Of course not, then or now!
Annas wouldn’t allow “unclean” Roman money to be offered in the Temple.” When the Romans took over Jerusalem, they deposed Annas as the High Priest of the Temple. Each of his 5 sons, and finally his son-in-law Caiaphas became High Priests – a dynasty.
Annas and his friends developed a sweet little business changing Roman money for Jewish. To save time those with “unclean” Roman money could exchange it for the Jewish, right on the Temple grounds – for a small fee of course! Naturally, the High Priest would get a cut of the profit!
Today and for hundreds of years, those of Israeli heritage present their offerings in whatever currency they have, dollars, pounds sterling, francs, euros, etc. Malachi 3:6 states: For I am the Lord, I do not change; so who changed the rule? The Temple leaders!
The Jews from the field brought animals to sacrifice to God. These had to be inspected to determine if they met the High Priest’s standards. If deemed unworthy, a proper one could be obtained for a fee. (These scam artists sold the unworthy one to the next sucker.) The High Priest got a cut of this profit, too!
(It is no accident this story smells like plots and payoffs by many in the current U.S. Congress & leadership!)
Evil Leadership Exposed
A brazen young Jewish man exposed the scam. He walked into the Temple overturned the money changers’ tables; drove out animal sellers with whips exclaiming God’s house is not a place of commerce! He did it twice; once in John 2:13-16, and later in Matt 21, Mark 11 and Luke 19! He said, It is written “My house shall be called a house of prayer,” but you have made it a den of thieves.
Imagine how angry the Jewish leaders were at Him when they got exposed! It interfered with their commerce! (Let a man meet a bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly – Proverbs 17:12.) So the leaders began to plot to kill this upstart who also said, God was His Father!
Revenge of the Leadership
Below are little known facts about this upstart’s (Jesus’) arrest and trial:
- It is now obvious why Jesus was initially taken to Annas’ house upon his arrest. Annas was the elder spokesman and leader of the den of thieves.
- It wasn’t the common Jew who wanted Jesus dead, but the angry leaders and those who benefited from the scams. They wanted to get even with Him for wrecking their businesses. However at the same time, they wanted to blame the Romans so they could be blameless to the Jewish people.
- Why wasn’t Jesus killed with a sword, strangled or stoned? Because crucifixion was the most painful way to die taking on average 2 days. This allowed the leaders to really get even!
- Jesus death was chronicled 6 centuries earlier in Isaiah 52:13-53:12
- This event was illegal in 8 ways. It violated the Jewish legal system, before declaring Jesus guilty and taking Him before the Roman leadership to do the leaders’ dirty work. (Scofield Study Bible)
- The judge was not impartial.
- There was not a required quorum of 23 judges present.
- Jesus’ arrest was carried out without a formal accusation.
- Criminal trials had to be carried out during the day. (Jesus’ was at night.)
- A verdict of guilty could not be rendered until the next day. (It was the same day.)
- It was illegal for Judges to search for hostile testimony, that’s the job of the prosecutor.
- No accused could be convicted on his own evidence. (There was no other evidence.)
- No valid legal evidence was presented against Him.
- This event also violated the Roman legal system (Scofield Study Bible). Once a person was declared innocent the verdict couldn’t be reversed. But after Pilate declared Jesus the Christ innocent, he bowed to pressure and reversed his decision.
Who was the Man who Exposed the Evil Leadership?
All these years later, very few Jews realize the deceit of those leaders or the writing of their prophets Few recognize the 322 prophecies Jesus fulfilled! The chance one man could fulfill ALL these prophecies is a number so great; it would easily surpass the number of electrons in the entire solar system!
All crimes receive punishment. Since there are no secrets from God, we must pay for everything wrong and right we have ever done. Everyone must stand before the ultimate judge, God, to answer for the decisions made in their lives. We will have to accept our punishment or reward.
God prepared a place of eternal happiness (Heaven) for souls (mind, will and emotion) and spirits after your body wears out. There is no sickness, death, or lack of perfection. But all souls (mind, will & emotion) must go someplace. Those who are enemies of God go to a place of eternal torment – Hell.
God has 3 parts; The Father, the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. Jesus came to earth to face all our experiences including temptations – then give us abundant life. At the end of His life and in our place, Jesus willingly was severely punished and suffered a tortured death (crucifixion) for our wrongs (sins). Those who believe in Christ and accept His gift will not have to punishment in Hell. Jesus the Christ once and for all, paid the price for all of us. So, what should our action be?
If you haven’t already, I invite you to reach out and say to God: “Thank you Father for sending Jesus and His indescribable gift to me. I regret all my mistakes, errors and wrongful deeds I have committed. I accept the indescribable gift Jesus gave me for all my sins. I will live for Him from now on. Thank you Father, in the name of Jesus.
– – – end – – –