How the U.S. Constitution Was Circumvented in 1913
Why are our taxes are so high? Why is the Government poking it ugly head into every aspect of our lives – making us pay for horrendous things we don’t want? The answer will surprise you in the book – “1913”.
1913 identifies the core moments when U.S. citizens began losing our freedoms! It started in 1913 – hence the book’s name. From these initial changes came most unintended consequences enslaving us today! This is a wake up call to all Americans who once enjoyed the freedoms granted by the Constitution with its Bill of Rights (1st ten amendments).
The originators of the US Constitution were Statesmen NOT greedy politicians like many of today’s leaders. They had first-hand knowledge of governmental abuse in European countries from where they came. The Constitution was to separate all powers, so no group could gain control but each would have a powerful voice in government. It balanced the power between all these:
– Big States vs. Small States
– States vs. Federal Government
– Poor vs. Rich
– Judiciary, Legislative and Executive – each with a check over the other
All this was to be done with complete freedom to worship as they pleased. It was not created to provide freedom from religion. And they wanted all money to be based on the Gold and Silver standard to prevent inflation!
The Constitution gave taxation power to the states NOT the federal government thereby holding it in check. 2 Senators were elected from each state giving each state an equal say in government. Senators were appointed by the state legislatures NOT the public (which gave the rich a voice). However, election of the U.S. Legislature gave larger states a voice in government AND elected by the public (poor people) gave them a direct say in government. (Pretty smart these framers of the Constitution!)
The Statesmen writers of the U.S. Constitution crafted a very tricky, but nearly perfect document. But in one year, 1913, three (3) key things changed our constitution, and could cost us our freedom!
1) The 16th Amendment – Originally, the Federal government had to get its funding directly from the states, thereby keeping it in check. This Amendment allowed the Federal Government to directly tax the people. Now the Federal Government controlled the states by doling out money to them instead of the reverse. There was now no limit on how large the Federal government got!
2) The 17th Amendment – Instead of Senators being elected by the state legislatures, they now were elected by the people, so the rich lost their voice in government and states gave their power to the Federal Government.
3) The Federal Reserve was created thus allowing a small group to print all the paper money they desired! HELLO INFLATION!
There’s much more to 1913 by Oliver DeMille, published by Obstacles Press, Flint MI. I highly recommend it. You’ll get the education you never received about our fabulous U.S. Constitution! Hopefully, you’ll study it and take action to regain the freedoms God gave us.
As a BONUS – here’s a story that’s all over the internet. If you haven’t read it, it’s worth the read:
“Do you know how to catch wild pigs?”
You catch wild pigs by finding a suitable place in the woods and putting corn on the ground. The pigs find it and come every day to eat the free corn. When they are used to coming every day, you put a fence down one side. When they get used to the fence, they begin to eat the corn again and you put up another side of the fence.
They get used to that and start to eat again. You continue until you have four sides of the fence with a gate in the last side. The pigs, used to the free corn, start to come through the gate to eat that free corn. You slam the gate and catch the whole herd.
Suddenly the wild pigs have lost their freedom. They run around and around inside the fence, but they are caught. Soon they go back to eating the free corn. They have forgotten how to forage in the woods for themselves, so they accept captivity.”
That’s what is happening in America. The government keeps pushing us toward Communism/Socialism and keeps spreading the free corn in the form of supplemental income, tax credit for unearned income, tax exemptions, tobacco subsidies, dairy subsidies, payments not to plant crops (CRP), welfare, medicine, drugs, etc. while we continually lose our freedoms, a little at a time.
Truths to Remember:
– There is no such thing as a free lunch
– You can never hire someone to provide a service cheaper than you can do it yourself.
– Governmental control always makes things more expensive!
Time to wake up, America. The wolf is not just at the door, but inside our house – AND robbing us blind!