In 1996 Bob Woodward of the Washington Post broke the news that Hillary Clinton had been having conversations with the late Eleanor Roosevelt and the long-dead Mahatma Gandhi. Immediately, a firestorm of criticism erupted over the issue. “Experts” were interviewed in all the media. From Network News to call-in radio talk shows, it seemed that everyone had an “opinion”.
When a firestorm of controversy erupts, I go to the resource we were given to live the happiest, most prosperous life imaginable. So, here is what the Bible – unchanged since 100 B.C. (New King James Version) – has to say about “Mediums” or anyone who contacts the “dead”.
Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.
There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire (sacrifice your child by burning), or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritualist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are abomination to the Lord, and because of these abominations the Lord your God drives them out from before you. You shall be blameless before the Lord your God.
And when they say to you, ‘Seek those who are mediums and wizards, who whisper and mutter,’ should not a people seek their God? Should they seek the dead on behalf of the living?
And the person who turns to mediums and familiar spirits, to prostitute himself (or herself) with them, I will set My face against that person and cut him (her) off from his people.
A man or a woman who is a medium, or who has familiar spirits shall surely be put to death; they shall stone them with stones. Their blood shall be upon them.
These passages leave little doubt – God takes a rather dim view of those who seek the wisdom of (or operate as) a medium! Please understand – Demon spirits are real; they can mimic anyone and know history well. Therefore, those who seek to contact the dead are in grave danger. John 10:10 warns the thief (Satan) comes to steal, kill and destroy. So, stay out of the occult! Instead, seek God and His Holy Spirit. He’ll lead you into all good things.
The Bible (God speaking to us) was never meant to hinder us, but to help us and keep us safe. God only wants the best for your life – Jeremiah 29:11-13. Jesus came so you could have life and that more abundantly (John 10:10a)! His secret counsel is shared with the upright – Proverbs 3:32.
Now, you realize why many were shocked when the wives of two Presidents (Hillary Clinton and Nancy Regan), were found to be dabbling in the occult. It’s so much better to seek God! His Word is a lamp to your feet and a light to your path! God’s always waiting to hear from you and share with you great and mighty things!
- Ooooh! Dead Animals in the Street! ShareDoesn’t God Care About Them? On my morning walk I was thinking how GOD created and was continually paying attention...
- God Gave You His Word for Personal Protection Share Dial 9-1-1 Will Protect You 9-1-1 = Psalm 91:1 – The Psalm of Safety He who dwells in the...
- Do You Believe in Miracles? Share10s of Thousands Killed Overnight Miracle n. an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs Around 700 B.C. “The...
- A Guide To Famous & Fun Bible Stories! ShareIf I sat down to read 20 owner’s manuals from various electronic appliances in my house, I’d throw my hands...
- Life Lessons: Don’t Give Up, Its Only Halftime! ShareIn Football or Life – Never Give Up! Amongst colleges and universities there are many intense sports rivalries – none...