What Teachers Don’t Tell in Sunday School!
Jesus’ Trial and Death – Little Known Facts not known by most. These will help you understand what He went through for you.
- The Jewish leaders were so angry at Jesus, they wanted him to die the most painful, degrading way possible for revenge. They also wanted to teach those following Him that He was NOT God’s Son.
- Jesus was crucified at 9:00 a.m. but died around 3:00 p.m. – six hours. That was extraordinary, since this method of execution was designed to torture the condemned for 48 hours before death! Matt 27:45. Death was confirmed by a Roman Centurion standing by who was surprised, having seen dozens of crucifixions before, he said,Certainly this was a righteous man. Luke 23:44-47
- Roman soldiers were put in charge of guarding His tomb to make certain his body wouldn’t be taken by His followers. The soldiers had to be very diligent. If the body disappeared, they would pay with their lives! A later example is found in Acts 12:19. But when Herod had searched for him and not found him, he examined the guards and commanded that they should be put to death.
- The Roman soldiers should have been punished by death, since Jesus’ body disappeared? Why weren’t they? The Jewish priests bribed the soldiers with a large sum of money to say, His disciples came at night and stole Him away while we slept. Obviously that is punishable by death, but the priests also said, if it comes to the governor’s ears, we will appease him and make you secure. Matt 27:13-14
- 2 thieves, also crucified, were saved from most of a slow 48-hour death. Saturday was to be a high holy day, so the Jews asked for their legs to be broken to allow suffocation, assuring quicker death. John 19:31-32 Soldiers also checked Jesus. He was already dead, but a soldier stuck a spear in Jesus’ side so blood and water came out. (Separation of water from the blood in crucifixion is a sign of death – John 19:34-35.)
Who Really Killed Jesus?
- Did all the Jews rise up against Jesus? No! Did the Roman’s kill Jesus? No! It was the Jewish LEADERS (under the direction of Annas) not the Jewish people who had Jesus crucified! Jesus caught them siphoning the people’s money meant for the God’s treasury, so the angry leaders wanted revenge. This is detailed in EverydayChristianFamily.com – How Evil Leadership Scammed the Jews and Got Exposed!
- There has already been a resurrection of Old Testament people. Never knew that before? And the graves were opened and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many. Matt 27:52-53
Jesus’ Trial and Death – Little Known Facts supplies only a partial list of prophecy. You should be aware there are 322 Old Testament prophecies, Jesus’ life fulfilled? The odds of those coming true are infinitesimal! If only 25 came true that would be 1 chance in 33,554,432!
Question: Would you give someone – you don’t know – $50,000? Who do you know that you love so much that you’d do that? Just think of all the things you’ve done wrong. Who should pay the penalty? Somebody’s got to pay! Jesus, by dying in your place paid it all FOR YOU! This is the Good News, even though you didn’t deserve it, God gave up His Son’s life to get you back in good standing.
Jesus’ Trial and Death – Little Known Facts indicate His lifeblood paid for all the horrible things you have done against others and God – IF you accept it. So here’s your chance! Just say, “Dear God, in my heart I believe that Jesus truly is Your Son; He died for my sins, and rose from the dead. I repent for every time I have sinned. I accept Jesus into my life right now to lead and guide me as my Lord. Thank You for saving me! If you prayed that prayer AND TRULY MEANT IT, you now have eternal life in Heaven! You have a new lease on life. It’s like you have been born again.