Thoughtful Ideas from Patriots to Keep our Nation Strong
Up With People was a youth movement born during the turbulent 1970s, as a reaction to the negative and selfish attitudes trying to subvert our nation. Hundreds of energetic performances across America rang out with “Freedom isn’t Free. You’ve got to pay a price. You’ve got to sacrifice for your liberty.” Result? Attitudes of millions were redirected away from drugs, crime and protests to keep our Nation Strong.
Thomas Jefferson said, “The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time.” Here are more thoughts from clear thinking U.S. patriots.
1) “Our greatest enemies, the ones we must fight most often, are within.” – Thomas Paine
2) “Useless laws weaken the necessary laws.” – Montesquieu (A Foundation Principle of the U.S.)
3) “Never, never, never, never give up!” – Winston Churchill
4) “Courage is the ladder on which all other virtues mount.” – Clare Booth Luce
5) “Give me liberty or give me death.” – Patrick Henry
6) “No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.” – Ronald Reagan
7) “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.” – Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.
More Ideas to Keep Our Nation Strong
8) “Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong.” – President Ronald Reagan
9) “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” – Voltaire – (It’s where we get Freedom of Speech.)
10) “A people gather, grow strong under adversity, weaken under prosperity.” – President. Calvin Coolidge
11) President Ronald Reagan: “Most of us wonder if our lives made any difference. Marines don’t have that problem.”
12) “Socialism only works in two places: Heaven where they don’t need it and Hell where they already have it.” – President Ronald Reagan
13) “No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” — President Thomas Jefferson
What are you doing to Keep Our Nation Strong?
14) “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” – President John F. Kennedy
15) “Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. It’s inherent virture is the equal sharing of misery.” – Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of England
16) “Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God.” – President Thomas Jefferson
17) “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” – President Thomas Jefferson
18) “If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost.” – Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of England
19) “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” – — President Thomas Jefferson
20) “Here’s my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.” – President Ronald Reagan
Montesquieu Quotation to Keep Our Nation Strong.
“Liberty is the right of doing whatever the laws permits.” But what happens when the laws favor one group over another and laws become so numerous as to make obeying them impossible or oppressive. It is then that Patriots – men of action – like our Founding Fathers take action. All of us must keep our Nation Strong!