A Book Review of See You at the Top
“You can get everything in life you want, if you help enough other people get what they want!”
Since few schools assign character-building books, I suggested encouraging your child to read from a great list that will build their identity and values. Here’s another review from the suggested list of reading.
Zig Ziglar’s book, See You at the Top, can change almost anyone’s thinking – even yours! You and/or your student can achieve greater things than ever thought possible AND it will help cope with negativity.
- Ability is Important – Dependability is Critical
- The average person goes to his grave with his music still in him. (How about you?)
- Honesty, character, faith, integrity, and loyalty are necessary for a balanced success that includes heath, wealth and happiness. (If you use dishonesty, deceit or fraud, you might acquire money, but you will have fewer real friends and little peace of mind.)
- Your success and happiness start with you! (When you point your finger to blame someone else, there are 3 other fingers pointed directly back at you!)
Mr. Ziglar takes the reader through 6 steps to True Success, each punctuated with stories to illustrate his points
1) Develop a healthy self-image
Zig identifies 9 causes of a poor self image; explains how it can be recognized; and provides 13 easy steps to a healthy self image. “Nobody on the face of this earth can make you feel inferior without your permission.”
2) Recognize the worth and ability in other people
3) How to develop a strong goal orientation
4) A right mental attitude helps you win
5) Willingness to Work – Don’ want to work? You’ll get very little!
6) Have a burning desire to excel – You can always find a capable helping hand at the end of your own sleeve.
More Key Thoughts
- The price of success is considerably less than the price of failure.
- When your image improves, your confidence AND competence does too!
- Education and intelligence are not the same thing. There are lots of very educated fools.
- You were designed for accomplishment, engineered for success, and endowed with the sees of greatness.
By now you probably understand the solid teaching value of See You At The Top in building self-confidence and success into your children’s lives. I’ve just scratched the surface of the content. But from where does his wisdom come?
Mr. Ziglar is a much sought after, nationally known, motivational speaker; sales trainer and Baptist Sunday School teacher. He holds the record for the largest Sunday School class ever assembled. His famous “Your Lift for the Day,” audio series has been assembled to get all listeners ready for a productive day and cope with negativity.” Not convinced yet?
Even More Key Thoughts
- A sincere compliment is one of the most effective teaching and motivational methods in existence.
- You get the best out of others when you give the best of yourself.
- Opportunity lies in the person, NOT in the job.
- Don’t confuse activity with accomplishment.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life! There is little you can learn from doing nothing. See You At the Top was written to help you and your child to get rid of excuses for failure and encourage you to succeed.
Short Book Summaries
Like a review of the One Minute Manager click here
Like a review of How to Win Friends and Influence People click here
Like to learn the 10 Must Read Books For Teenagers? click here