God’s List of Abominations
These six things the LORD hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him;
- PRIDE (a proud look)
- LIES (a lying tongue)
- MURDER (hands that shed innocent blood)
- PLOTTING EVIL (a heart that devises wicked plans)
- EAGER TO DO EVIL (Feet that are swift in running to evil)
- PURGERY (a false witness who speaks lies) – like in court
- STRIFE (and one who sows discord among brethren) like in families (Proverbs 6:16-19)
Murder is only #3 on HIS list? How can this be? Let’s look at Merriam-Webster Dictionary definitions:
- Pride: inordinate self-esteem
- Lies: something known to be untrue with intent to deceive
- Murder: killing a person with premediated malice
Rule #1 GOD IS 100% LOVE
Since the beginning of time, HE always wants the very best for everyone. There has been no change in His desire – even when you make a blunder/mistake or intentionally do wrong (sin). However, we don’t want to admit our errors. This pride STINKS and is the desire to be right all the time.
WHY PRIDE IS #1
When (not if) we sin our PRIDE won’t acknowledge we were wrong, so we can’t take advantage of God’s GUARANTEE to forgive our mistakes in I John 1:9.
“If we confess our sins, HE is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and cleanse us from all unrighteousness!”
So without being cleansed, we may not be admitted to HEAVEN but must spend eternity in HELL.
WHY LIES ARE #2
According to Jim Kibler’s book on Faith, no one is “born with doubt. It is learned through not being told the truth.” Children absolutely are reliant on their mothers for everything! They cry and their Mothers leap to action supplying food, change of diapers, warmth, safety, and comfort. A child’s absolute trust and faith is on their Mothers. If the Mother or adult doesn’t supply their need, the child’s simple faith is lost forever!
We cross over bridges routinely, believing they are absolutely reliable. We have complete Faith. However, once any bridge fails, our absolute trust, FAITH, in bridges is shaken or destroyed. It’s the same with anything in life!
The “Intent to Deceive,” once it has been discovered, destroys TRUST. So a person can’t have FAITH in anything, or anyone including the 6000 promises made by God in the Bible.
WHY MURDER IS #3
Simple. Murder is outside of love; doesn’t give the victim an opportunity ask God’s forgiveness to change from their sin and enjoy a life forever in HEAVEN, nor to accept any of God’s 6000 promises.
WHAT WILL PLEASE GOD?
- “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.” – Matthew 22: 35-39
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and don’t depend on your own understanding. Remember the Lord in everything you do, so He can give you success.” Proverbs 3:5-6
- “To do justly, To love Mercy, And to walk humbly with your God.” – Micah 6:8
FLASH! God doesn’t want your money! Many religious leaders do. God wants you to plant your money where it will grow for you with the greatest return for everyone on your investment.
Want to know more? Just read the Bible. You’ll get to know the real God and His Son who gave His life for you and your family!