The Church or You
Wonder why those who never darken the door of a church, prosper? Why do 80% of the Jews prosper when most Christians don’t? Every week we throw in a couple of bucks to the offering basket but we never see any return. Why not? Is it the church’s fault? Whose responsibility is your prosperity? Here’s good news for you!
Because Abraham believed and trusted God, he and all his descendants were chosen as “the people of God.” He let them in on all the secrets of prosperity. Passed down through generations, Moses collected God’s wisdom in 5 books known as the Pentateuch. Those who read it were able to take advantage of God’s naturally occurring laws, including health, wealth, safety, etc.
Many believe the Old Testament was just for the Jews. Jesus ushered in a New Covenant. True, but he came to FULFILL the prophecy, not replace it. II Timothy 3:16 states:
All (all, All, ALL) scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Like Oxygen and Water, anyone can take advantage of God’s gifts and principles. The Jews read the O.T. so know how to use God’s wealth principles. Most Christians don’t! Here’s some help!
Responsibilities on the Pathway to Prosperity
You: For Christians the first step to prosperity is taking 10% off our earnings and return it to God. (Whatever is blessing you.) For many it’s a church. But it may be a hospital, giving free care to children, or to the starving in Africa. This is commonly called the TITHE.
Church: Receive the Tithe and distribute it ONLY as follows: 45% to all pastors and workers. Approx. 15% to orphans; 15% to widows; 15% to strangers = 45%; 10% to the Lead Pastor and family. What percentage goes to building the church building? $0!
The Tithe is God’s money and 100% goes to people! The Tithe is NEVER to pay for the church’s building NOR a bank loan! Where does your church’s tithe go?
You: In excess of the Tithe, you may decide to give an OFFERING. Usually, the majority comes from large donors. The Offering must build/maintain the church buildings!
Church: After receiving Tithes and Offerings, give God’s Blessing as spelled out in Numbers 6:22-27. The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.”
You: Decide to hand a poor person $XX? Great! That’s called ALMS!
You: In Israel some of the crops arrived early in the field, called the FIRST FRUITS. 100% was
given to the priest/pastor/rabbi/minister for his retirement. Priests only worked from ages 30-50 when they retired. (Notice when Jesus started His ministry.)
KEY: This is how you prime the pump to get money to start flowing! It is essential the Holy Man receive this gift if you expect to get prosperity flowing! If you don’t have a field, how much do we need to give? It is 1/40th or .025 of your total income. It Works!
Church and You: Give all my money away? I’ll never afford it! How will I live? Oh the pain!!! That’s the Spirit of Poverty! Wait! We’re not done! You want to be rich don’t you? Hang in there.
I got out of college driving my 1951 Nash, hand-brush-painted black, looking like a giant bathtub on wheels, so what’s the first thing I did? I bought a shiny-red, Triumph TR-4A sports car to impress the girls. What a fool. I put no $ away for my future and could hardly keep up with the payments and constant repair bills! What should I have done? I should have tithed to myself.
Let’s look at the tithe directly to yourself. It is in a 7-year cycle leading us to God’s prosperity!
You: Give God your 10% tithe. The next 10% is your personal tithe to go toward your retirement in years 1, 2, 4 and 5. In years 3 and 6 give ALL your 10% tithe to widows and orphans. Hard to believe, soon the money will pile up and you’ll never have to borrow $. (Generosity is a key. Don’t spend all your money on yourself like I did.)
NOTE: When folks say Tithing is under the law and Jesus came to redeem us from the law, remind them. “Jesus came to FULFILL the law, not DESTROY it. The laws like gravity, force, lift, planting and sowing are universal and eternal, usable by everyone!
Here are a few things God teaches us about “giving!”
- Give and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom (lap). For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you. Luke 6:38
- Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, “in what way have we robbed You?” In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me, Even this whole nation. – Malachi 3:8-9
- Honor the Lord with your possessions, And with the first fruits of all your increase; so your barns will be filled with plenty And your vats will overflow with new wine. – Proverbs 3:9-10
- But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. . . . . – II Corinthians 9:6-10
- He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord, And He will pay back what he has given.
Did you know there’s only one place in the Bible where God says we can test him?
- Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the Lord of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,” Says the Lord of hosts; Malachi 3:8-10 (After this God didn’t talk to the Jews for 400+ years)
God has not changed before or since these scriptures were written!
- For I am the Lord, I do not change; – Malachi 3:6a
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. – Hebrews 13:8
“Is Your Storehouse Stealing?” by Ray Landers ISBN 978-0-9815863-0-4
“The Blessing and the Tithe” by Jim Kibler www.increasenew.com