History Book/Books You May Never Have Read
Here’s a short literary quiz to determine how smart you are – no trick questions! When you answer correctly, you’ll learn how your knowledge “stacks up” against the world’s greatest minds. (Rules: Don’t cheat or look ahead. Just answer the questions as they come.) Get the answer? You can now count yourself in the upper percentage of the population knowing the answer.
- What history book was written on 3 continents – Asia – Africa – Europe?
- What history book was written in 3 completely different languages?
- What book is a collection of literary works – written over a span of 1,500 years?
- What history book was written over a 40-generation time period?
- What history book was written in these wildly different frames of mind?
War – Peace – Sorrow – Incredible Happiness – Despair
- What history book was written in at least 8 different locations? Wilderness – Dungeon – Hillside – Palace – Prison – Traveling – Island – Military Campaign
- What history book used these 11 literary types? They include
History – Law (all types) – Biography – Apocalyptic – Stories – Diaries – Allegory – Lyric Poetry – Treatises – Memoirs – Correspondence
- What history book was written by over 40 authors from many walks of life including:
Kings – Peasants – Philosophers – Fishermen – Poets – Statesmen – Scholars – Politician – Herdsman – Military General – Cupbearer – Doctor – Prime Minister
- What book has more manuscript evidence of authenticity than any 10 pieces of ancient classical literature combined? (Did you know in each of Shakespeare’s 37 plays there are about 100 readings still in dispute that materially affect the meaning of their passages?)
- What history book has been banned in more places than any other? Mere possession means a sentence of death!
What are the answers to the History Book Quiz?
Surprise – Each answer is the same. It’s the Bible – the remarkable document written in Aramaic, Coineye (low) Greek, Hebrew and NEVER proven wrong. Did you know the Old Testament has remained the essentially the same and intact since 125 B.C.? Did you know the New Testament has been very much the same since about 125 A.D.?
Historic facts once thought to be ridiculously wrong, have been proven true by archeological digs and scientific/technical breakthroughs. These include the existence of the civilization, dinosaurs, cave men, a virgin birth and the ease of Joshua’s victory at Jericho. (The huge walls didn’t topple into the city, but fell outward. This allowed the people of Israel to use the fallen stones to scramble over to capture Jericho.)
The whole Bible was given to us by inspiration from God (God breathed) and is useful to teach us what is true, what will help us prosper and make us realize what is wrong in our lives; it straightens us out and helps us do what is right. It’s God’s way of making us well prepared at every point, fully equipped to do good to everyone. –II Tim 3:16
For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty. . . . knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. – II Peter 1:16, 20-21.
Need more definitive information? Read Josh McDowell’s exhaustive EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT Volumes I and II published by Here’s Life Publishers, Inc., P.O. Box 1576, San Bernardino, CA 92402.