Encouragement for You, because You are Poised for Success!
For success, attitude is as important as ability! You are created by God for success! Don’t let anything deter you! This is encouragement for your life. Remember: You are only the believer. God is the Performer!
Spectacular Failures Who Became Winners
Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
– Lucille Ball was dismissed from acting school for being too quiet and too shy.
– US Grant failed as a soldier, farmer, in real estate then 8 years later became President of the U.S.
– Decca Recordings turn down the Beatles.
– Colonel Sanders was 65 and nearly bankrupt before he started Kentucky Fried Chicken.
– Universal Studios refused Clint Eastwood work, because he had a chipped tooth, talked to slow and had a big Adams apple.
– Henry Ford went broke 5 times.
All these companies went bankrupt 3 times – Quaker Oats, Pepsi Cola, Borden’s, Aunt Jemima and Wrigley Gum.
After backing up another quarterback in college for 4 years; getting cut by the Packers and being 3rd string quarterback for the Rams, Kurt Warner became the Super Bowl’s MVP and one of the best NFL quarterbacks of all time!
Never, never, never give up – Winston Churchill
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not; Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education alone will not; The world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge – President of the United States
— Newt Gingrich, Ex-Speaker of the US House of Representatives said
“Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.”
In Everything Give Thanks and Be Grateful
Consider this short summary of the life of one man who knew the importance of a thankful heart:
– When he was nine, his mother died.
– Though he loved books, he received little formal education.
– His sister died in childbirth.
– At age twenty-four he found himself deep in debt when a store he invested in failed.
– When he was twenty-five the woman he loved caught fever and died causing him to sink into deep depression.
– Three years later he proposed to another woman and she turned him down.
– At thirty-four he lost the nomination for U.S. Congress.
– Only one of his four sons lived to adulthood: one died just short of age 4, one at age 11, one at 18.
Who was this man? President Abraham Lincoln. In 1863 he asked Congress to establish the annual celebration of Thanksgiving. In spite of his failings, his sorrow, his depression, his disappointments, he chose to express gratitude to God and led a nation to do the same.
What’s your “In spite of . . .?” It doesn’t matter what it is: hurt, pain, sorrow, depression, loss, disappointments, or anything else. You can choose to have a thankful spirit.
“Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
Ancient history is filled with common people who were failures at the beginning or failed along the way.
Noah was a drunk;
Abraham was too old;
Isaac was a daydreamer;
Jacob was a liar;
Leah was ugly;
Joseph was abused;
Moses had a stuttering problem;
Gideon was afraid;
Sampson had long hair and was a womanizer;
Rahab was a prostitute;
Jeremiah and Timothy were too young;
David had an affair and was a murderer;
Elijah was suicidal;
Isaiah preached naked;
Jonah ran from God;
Naomi was a widow;
Job went bankrupt;
John the Baptist ate bugs;
Peter denied Christ;
The Disciples fell asleep while praying;
Martha worried about everything;
The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once;
Zaccheus was too small;
Paul was too religious;
Timothy had an ulcer… AND
Lazarus was dead!
The next time you feel like GOD can’t use YOU, just remember… If all these people can succeed – SO CAN YOU!
“Don’t pray for an easy life, but to be a stronger person. Don’t pray for tasks equal to your powers, but pray for powers equal to your tasks.” – (Adapted from Phillips Brook – 19th century pastor)
So, find then speak out scriptures that pertain to your situation and just watch things turn around.” – Pastor Jeff Perry
(Here are a few quotations from God’s Word for your encouragement:
– I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. – Phil 4:13
– I have no lack. And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. – Phil 4:19
– But with God all things are possible. – Matt 19:26b
– If God is for us, who can be against us. – Rom 8:31b
With Jesus you have a great lawyer pleading your case before God. When you mess up, just confess your sins to him and He is faithful and just to forgive you and to cleanse you from EVERY wrong! God loves the humble, but resists the proud!
So Young or Old – Rich or Poor – Continue to press on! I know it’s tough, but You can do it! God didn’t make any losers!
Thank you for your words of encouragement so many years ago! I don’t know if you remember me, but you were my choir director at WHS in the ’70’s, and were one of those teachers who made a lasting impression on me. Thank you for your enthusiasm and ability to instill positive experiences on impressionable students! You were the first to teach me the basics on guitar, and it sure came in handy! I have been working as a music therapist the last 30 years with challenging dual diagnosed developmentally disabled clients in a state facility. In addition, I have been heavily involved in music at church, starting out as the choir accompaniest, through the years adding on other responsibilities with children’s music, and leading a worship & praise band. I have many fond memories of the experiences you orchestrated through Madrigals and Soup to Nuts, and N.O.W. Thank you for that encouragement so long ago! Jan
Wow! Thank you! Of course I remember you. I wish I had been a strong Christian back then. I could have done so much more right.
My wife Diane and I have a website http://www.EverydayChristianFamily.com, that has a bunch of testimonies, Christian articles and help for families.
Tell me about your family! How did you meet your husband? Where are you living, etc.?